- 2 Butternut Squash
- 2 Rolls of pre-rolled puff-pastry
- 2 Onions
- 3 Sticks of celery
- 1 Packet of Cajun spices (or a mix of a teaspoon each of cayenne pepper, mustard seeds, turmeric, paprika and 2 cloves ground)
- 5g of Butter
- 2 tablespoons corn flour.
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius (200 for fan oven).
- Cut onion finely and fry in a large frying pan with the butter.
- Finely slice the celery and add it to the onion and fry together for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Cut up the butternut squash into cubes of half an inch, scooping out and throwing away the seeds and peeling the outer skin off with a knife.
- Add butternut squash and cajun spice mix to the frying pan.
- Fry for 10 minutes, stiring every few minutes.
- Add 200ml of boiling water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While this is simmering grease a pie tin and line it with one of the sheets of pastry.
- Place pie tin in oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pie tin from oven.
- Stir corn flour into butternut squash mix.
- Pour butternut squash mix into pie dish.
- Cover pie dish with remaining sheet of pastry, sealing edges by pressing down.
- Paint top of pie with milk and make two knife holes to let steam out.
- Place pie in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until top is golden brown.
Serve with a leafy side salad.