This is a nice quick marmalade recipe which goes really well in a bread roll with mature cheddar.
- 750g red onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 pint water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pan.
- Simmer for 2 hours stirring frequently or use 'Jam' setting on your bread maker. If the bread maker 'Jam' program doesn't last for 2 hours, repeat it once it has run once.
- Heat the jam jars in an oven at 120 degrees for 5 minutes to steralise them.
- Use oven gloves to remove jam jars from oven and fill with the marmalade.
- Leave to cool with the lids just resting on the top. When cool, tighten the lids and you're done.
Makes 2 jam jars worth of marmalade.