- 2 large tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 sticks of celery, thinly sliced, discarding the bottom and top
- 2 courgettes, washed and sliced, discarding the ends
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly, but discarding the top inch and the bottom slice with roots on.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 100ml water or stock
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the celery in the oil for 5 minutes until it starts to soften
- Add all the other ingredients
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so
- Taste and add more salt or pepper as required
Serve as a side-dish or vegetable accompaniment to other meals or even as a meal on it's own with some bread.