This recipe can also be made with coriander instead of the parsley. It's amazingly good, especially for something which doesn't have any actual cooking involved.
- 1 very large cucumber, cubed
- A large bunch of flat-leaved parsley, coarsely chopped leaves, discard the stalks
- 500ml vegetable stock (or water and 2 stock cubes)
- 250ml milk
- Juice of 3 lemons (about 150ml)
- Mix everything together in a blender
- Add salt to taste
- Leave to chill in the fridge overnight
Serves 4 for a starter or two for a main course.