This is a nice and simple pasta dish which tastes delightful.
- 4 large bulbs of garlic
- 50g pine nuts
- some olive oil to drizzle
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop the tops off of the bulbs of garlic but keep them mostly in-tact.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the garlic in an oven proof dish and drizzle olive oil over the top of the garlic and then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and leave to cool.
- Cook spaghetti as per instructions on the packet, retaining some of the cooking water.
- While the spaghetti is cooking mix squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulbs into a blender and add the olive oil, lemon juice and blend.
- Place the pine nuts in a frying pan and fry on a low heat, turning and stirring frequently, until all the nuts are gently toasted.
- Mix the chopped chillies and pine nuts into the blended garlic and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the water the pasta was cooked in.
- Stir the garlic mixture into the pasta and serve immediately.
This is nice to serve with lightly cooked cherry tomatoes. To do this place cherry tomatoes in a frying pan and gently heat for 5 minutes, rolling the tomatoes around every minute to make sure they get heated evenly on all sides.