- 400ml left over spicy tomato soup
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced (half a cm)
- 6 small potatoes (or 3 large), thinly sliced (half a cm)
- 3 red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bag Swedish balls (or about 16 small meatballs)
- a handful of chopped coriander
- 20g butter
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place the potatoes over the bottom of a large, deep ovenproof dish.
- Layer onion on top of the potatoes in the dish.
- Place thin slices of the butter all over on top of the onions.
- Place the sliced courgettes on top of the butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Place meatballs on top of courgettes.
- Pour/spread the soup over the meatballs. If it's just come out of the fridge it will be thick so you might need a knife or spoon to be able to spread it so it covers all the meatballs and courgettes underneath.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake in oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until the cheese on top is nicely brown and you can see the soup bubbling away.
Serves 2 hungry people or 4 if served with rice or pasta.