These are really impressive looking boiled eggs.
- 6 eggs
- 2 star anise seed pods
- 2 tbsp (or tea bags) of black tea
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp sugar
- 8 pepper corns
- 1 stick (or 1 tsp ground) cinnamon
- Boil a pan of water.
- Place the eggs in the pan of water for 4 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and cool under a cold tap.
- Use the back of a knife or spoon to crack the partly boiled eggs all over.
- Place the eggs back into the pan of the water with all the other ingredients. Stir well.
- Simmer for 2 hours.