No roast is complete without a nice lump of stuffing. This is my favorite type of stuffing, and it's so easy to make.
- 30g butter
- 3 onions, finely chopped (I like the colour of red onions)
- 200g (8 thick slices or so) of breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp fresh or dried sage
- 1 egg
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the onion and gently fry with the lid on (sweating the onions).
- When the onions are nice and soft add the breadcrumbs and sage and mix well. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Beat the egg separately and then stir into the breadcrumb and onion mixture.
- Press the mixture into a pre-buttered oven proof dish, making sure the center is higher than the edges.
- Either place the stuffing in an oven at between 180 degrees and 220 degrees for 30 minutes or microwave for 10 minutes then wait 5 minutes, then microwave for another 10 minutes. Oven is best as it makes the top nice and crispy.