One night I decided to try to use up some of the semolina we had with some desiccated coconut. A quick google after turned up Kakra Pitha as the closest thing, so I shall call these Kakra Pitha.
- 40g sugar
- 40g desiccated coconut
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 300ml water
- 275g semolina
- 20g sunflower oil
- Place the water, sugar, coconut and nutmeg in a pan and bring to the boil.
- When boiling add the semolina and stir well.
- Continue to heat, stirring all the time until it starts to dry out.
- Remove the semolina dough from the pan and add the sunflower oil and start to heat it.
- Roll the semolina dough into balls a couple of cm wide and then use the palm of your hands to press them into flat circles.
- Put into the oil and fry for a few minutes until each side is crisp and golden.
- Serve immediately.
Makes about 15.