- 6 small chicken breasts or quorn fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150g chorizo sausage or vegetarian frankfurters
- 225ml brown basmati rice (measure it in a measuring jug)
- 275ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 170ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 50g black olives, chopped in half
- 1 large orange, cut into wedges
- Fry the chicken/quorn in the olive oil until it's brown on all sides using a medium heat. Use a big deep pan as everything will end up in the pan.
- Remove the chicken/quorn from the pan and add a bit more oil.
- Add the onions, peppers, tomatoes and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the rice and stir it around to get it well coated with the oil and flavours.
- Add the stock, wine, tomato puree and paprika and stir well.
- Place the chicken/quorn back in the pan and push it down slightly into the rice and liquid mixture.
- Sprinkle the basil, olives and orange wedges over the top of the chicken.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook on a low heat for an hour.
- Halfway through the cooking check that there is still some liquid left. If not then add a bit more wine.
Serves 3 to 4.