Okara is the fibrous matter left over from soya beans when soya milk is made. You can either make it yourself (at the same time as making soya milk) or you can buy it from specialist supermarkets.
- 4 carrots, washed and cut into strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 300g rehydrated or fresh okara
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Soy sauce to sprinkle on top before serving
- Fry the carrots and onions in the oil in a wok on a high heat. Stirring often.
- Once the onion starts to go soft (should be a couple of minutes) add the okara and the soy sauce.
- Stir fry for a couple more minutes, making sure all the okara gets heated.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce on top.