Continuing my phase of having lemon in food I decided to glaze home-made tofu with it.
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- fresh salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- a 250g block of tofu, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 5 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g sticky rice
- 450ml fresh water
- Mix the lemon juice, honey, mustard powder and salt and pepper to form a marinade.
- Marinade the tofu in the marinade for at least an hour.
- When you're ready to cook, put the carrots, mushrooms, rice and water in a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Place the tofu under a grill and grill gently on each side. Keep the marinade and brush it over the tofu as it starts to dry out under the grill. Keep doing this until all the marinade is used up.
- Turn the tofu and grill the other side
- The rice should have been simmering for about 15 minutes now. If it hasn't then wait until it has. If the tofu takes more than 15 minutes to brown under the grill then turn the heat off from under the rice.
- Serve immediately.