I use Quorn 'Swedish-style' balls for this, but it would work equally well with non-vegetarian meat balls.
- 300g pasta, penne works well
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 400g of meat balls or vegetarian 'meat' balls (about 20)
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Put on a pan of water to boil for the pasta. Salt it well and add a little oil to stop it boiling over.
- Place the onion, meat balls and chilli in a frying pan and fry on a medium heat until the onion is soft.
- Add the pasta to the (hopefully) now boiling water. Start a timer for the length of time the pasta says it takes to cook.
- Add the sweet pepper and chopped tomatoes to the meat balls. Simmer until the pasta is done, stirring every couple of minutes to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Drain the pasta and serve everything with freshly milled black pepper over the top.