This recipe works with pork chops, but I use quorn fillets as pork isn't vegetarian. If you do want meat, just replace the quorn with pork chops. If you want to pad out the meal for more, either multiply up the quantities or serve with baked potatoes.
- 4 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 quorn fillets
- 400ml dry cider
- 50g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 50g bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Layer the onions and apples in large oven proof dish.
- Place the quorn fillets (or pork chops) on the top.
- Pour in the cider.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the cheese on top is crisp and brown.