I adore gnocchi, there's something wonderfully simple about them, but they make a nice and hearty meal. I think they're a much under-rated form of pasta, especially as they cook so quickly.
- 1 bag of gnocchi (500g)
- 100g blue cheese, such as Stilton or Danish blue, finely chopped
- 75g Mascarpone cheese
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees.
- Put on a big pan of water to boil and salt well.
- Lightly butter a large oven proof dish.
- When water is boiling, add gnocchi to pan.
- Watch the pan of gnocchi and use a slotted spoon to remove them when they float up to the top. This should only take a few minutes.
- Place the gnocchi in the oven proof dish and gently stir in the mascarpone and blue cheese until well mixed.
- Sprinkle half the Parmesan over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the other half of the Parmesan cheese.