- 2 butternut squashes, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced with both ends removed
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 100g flour
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 25g butter
- Put the squash, oil, courgettes and tomatoes in a big frying pan or wok and heat over a gentle heat.
- Stir the squash mix frequently while making the pancakes. It should take about 30 minutes to cook fully, which is about how long the pancake making will take.
- Mix the flour and egg with half of the milk until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add a small amount of the butter to the pan and move it around so the pan is coated in melted butter.
- Ladle in a spoon of batter and tilt the pan to make sure it goes all around the pan.
- Leave to cook for a minute and then run a knife around the edge to make flipping it easier.
- Flip the pancake with a quick wrist action or by using a fish slice.
- Cook for another minute.
- Place on a plate and repeat these steps until all the batter is used up.
- Place a spoon of the butternut squash mixture in the center of each pancake and then fold over.
Serves 3 to 4.