- 5 leeks, washed with the roots and dark green ends removed, thinly sliced
- 150ml single cream
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 200g flour
- 120g butter
- 100g porridge oats
- 5 to 10g for finely chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Put the leeks, cream and stock in a pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Keep stiring the leeks every few minutes and cook until they start to go soft. This will be about 10 minutes.
- Mix the butter, flour and oats in a bowl. If the butter is from the fridge then first of all heat it in the microwave to make it softer.
- When the leeks are soft, stir in the parsley.
- Pour the leek and parsley mix into a buttered and oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle the oat and flour mix over the top of the leaks and gently press down.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve when the topping starts to brown.
Serves 4 for a main course or 6 for a starter.