As a long term vegetarian I have a love/hate relationship with nut roasts. I've had some really good nut roasts in my life, but I've also had some really dry and tasteless ones. This recipe is for one of the former ones.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 15g butter
- 6 slices of bread, made into bread crumbs in a blender
- 90g cashew nuts, crushed (you can use a blender for this, but make sure you don't blend for to long and powder them)
- 90g walnuts, crushed
- 2 springs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Fry the onion in the butter until soft.
- Mix in the bread crumbs, nuts, rosemary and sage together with the onion.
- Break the 2 eggs into the bread crumb and nut mix and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a pre-greased oven proof dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings.