A speedy pudding which you can easily make ahead of time and pop in the oven when needed.
- 1/2 sheet of pre-rolled puff pastry (about 180g)
- 4 tbsp raspberry or strawberry jam
- 150ml whipping or double cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cover the sheet of puff pastry with the jam. Spread it out evenly but leave 1cm clear around the edge.
- Using the edge of your finger, dip it in a cup of water and run it along the 1cm clear edge. When your finger feels dry dip it back in the cup of water so that the edge of the pastry is nicely damp.
- Roll up the pastry and place on a baking tray in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the pastry cooks in the oven, whip up the cream until it's nice and thick.
- Serve straight from the oven with cream on the side on the serving plates/bowls.
Serves 3 to 4.