A nice straight forward stir-fry with a good flavour. Feel free to change around the vegetables you use, just remember to add the one which needs cooking most (toughest stalks etc.) earliest.
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pieces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 courgettes, sliced and top and tail removed
- 1 pepper, cut into thin strips, core discarded
- 6 small mushrooms
- 4 packets of 'straight to wok' ribbon noodles (or pre-cooked ribbon noodles)
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- Mix the oil, coriander, cumin, pepper, mustard and salt in a wok and start to heat.
- Add the broccoli and courgettes and stir well to get a good coating with the oil and spice mix.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes, stirring every half minute or so to ensure even cooking.
- Add the mushrooms and peppers and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry carefully for another 4 minutes so as to not break them.
- Mix in the spring onions and serve immediately.