I have a great love for Tex-Mex food but for some reason had never made my own burrito until I made this one. I highly recommend giving it a try, they're very easy and exceptionally tasty.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- 300g rice
- 660ml water
- 3 limes
- 1 large bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 200g of red leicester, grated
- 8 flour tortilla
- guacamole to serve
- Fry the onion in the oil on a medium heat until it starts to soften.
- Add the rice and stir it well to coat the rice evenly with oil.
- Pour the water into the pan and then turn the heat to low and put a lid on the rice. Don't be tempted to peak and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Once the rice is cooked, squeeze the juice of the limes into the rice and add some zest from one of the limes.
- Mix the coriander and lime juice into the rice.
- Take a tortilla and spoon some of rice mixture into the centre of it.
- Sprinkly 1/8th of the cheese over it and then fold the tortilla up.
- Place the tortilla in an oven proof dish and repeat for the remaining tortilla.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the tortilla start to crisp up.
- Serve with a large dollop of guacamole on the side of the plate.
Serves 3 to 4, depending on how hungry people are.