This is a quick and easy one pan meal and is a great way to have cabbage. The cabbage caramelises wonderfully giving it a rich flavour.
- 3 sausages, chopped into pieces (if they are frozen then heat them in the pan for a bit before trying to chop them up)
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 3 or 4 large leaves of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g Cheshire or Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
- 3 pitta, toasted and cut into thin strips
- Fry the sausages, celery, cabbage and oil in a pan with salt and pepper to taste. Use a medium heat and stir frequently. This will probably take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Don't worry about stirring the sausages all the time, just every couple of minutes to make sure everything gets cooked evenly.
- When everything is looking nice and browned and the cabbage is starting to caramelise, take the pan off the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately onto a plate with the pitta on the side.
Serves 1. Can easily scale up to more.