This is a rich and decadent dish which goes well as a side for almost any dinner party meal. Make it and impress all your friends.
- a small amount of butter
- 10 medium sized potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 100g Parmesan cheese, finely grated and split into thirds
- 1/2 pint single cream
- 1/2 pint vegetable stock (or water and stock cube)
- Pre-heat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Use the small bit of butter to grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Layer 1/3 of the potatoes in the dish.
- Cover the potatoes with a layer of 1/3 of the onion.
- Sprinkly 1/3 of the cheese over the potatoes and onions.
- Repeat for the remaining potatoes and onions. Don't worry if it's not exact, it doesn't have to be. Leave the last 1/3 of cheese off.
- Mix the cream and stock in a jug until well mixed.
- Pour the cream and stock mix over the potatoes and sprinkle the last of the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
Serves 4 as a side dish.