I like doing interesting things with sausages instead of the usual bangers and mash with gravy. Don't get me wrong, I love bangers and mash; I just think that sausages have a full range of usage which should be explored.
- 3 sausages
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 onions, peeled and coarsly chopped
- 2 courgettes, sliced and ends removed
- 1 tsp sage, finely chopped (fresh or dried)
- 4 tsp instant gravy
- 300ml water
- 300g pasta, any variety (I used a mix)
- 40g cheddar cheese, grated
- Put on a large pan of water to boil for the pasta.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Fry the sausages in the oil until starting to brown.
- Cut the sausage up into 1cm chunks.
- Add the onions and courgettes to the pan and stir well.
- Fry for a further few minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the sage, instant gravy and water and stir well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile start cooking the pasta according to it's instructions.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and mix it with the sausage and courgette mix in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkly the cheese over the top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese goes nice and golden brown.
Serves 2 as a complete meal.