The weather not being perfect barbecue weather shouldn't stop you from having a barbecue (just as long as it's not raining). Just invite some friends over, light the charcoal and enjoy barbecued food, even if it isn't sunny.
- blocks of halloumi cheese, sliced into 1cm slices
- red onions, peeled and cut into quarters down the middle
- courgettes, washed, ends removed and cut into 2cm slices
- sweet peppers, cut into 2cm squares
- aubergine, sliced into 2cm slices and quartered
- olive oil, plenty of it
- Light the charcoal about 20 minutes before you want to use it.
- Cut the vegetables and cheese up as directed.
- Slide the vegetables onto metal skewer, alternating them as you go. Make sure to end on a courgette or aubergine so the vegetables can't fall off.
- Don't be tempted to skewer the halloumi, it'll just break apart and fall into the ashes.
- Brush everything with olive oil and place on the barbecue, turning regularly to ensure even cooking. If you don't have a brush for the oil, then use the end of some kitchen roll dipped into a cup of oil.