A simple curry which is flexible enough to replace the mushrooms or courgettes with any other vegetables you have lying around.
- 2 large field mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 courgette, washed and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed; or a squirt of garlic puree
- 2 tbsp ghee or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 150ml single cream
- 40g almonds (or cashews), roughly chopped
- Put the ghee, garlic, mushrooms and courgettes in a pan and start to heat over a medium heat.
- Add the turmeric, fenugreek, cumin and chilli and stir well.
- Cook with a lid on for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure it doesn't stick.
- When the mushrooms have started to darken pour in the cream and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the almonds (or cashews) and stir well.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice.
Serves 2 to 3 depending on how much rice you provide.