While paneer is very nice when cooked with a flavor-some sauce, I find it also very appealing if it's just fried in a pan like this as it develops a lovely crispy outside.
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g of paneer, cut into half cm strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium to hot heat.
- Add the paneer and the cloves of garlic to the oil.
- Cook the paneer, moving it around in the pan a bit until one side is golden brown. This should take 5 minutes or so.
- Turn over the paneer and fry the other side until golden.
- Don't worry if the garlic is starting to burn and go black, that's normal.
- Carefully remove the paneer from the pan, avoiding taking any of the blackened garlic with it.
- Serve with some saucy curry and rice.