- 75g of rice per person
- 160ml of water per 75g of rice
- 1/4 tsp of ghee or butter by 75g of rice
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan which has a good fitting lid.
- Place the lid on the saucepan.
- Put a low to medium heat on under the saucepan.
- When you can see the water boiling (or it looks like there is lots of steam under the lid if you don't have glass lids) turn the heat down to the lowest it'll go.
- Cook the rice until all the water is absorbed. It'll take about 20 minutes. Resist the urge to lift the lid and let out all the wonderful steam until you think it might be done.
- Enjoy beautifully tender rice.