- 150g soy beans, soaked overnight if dried
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 leeks, chopped into half cm slices
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 sticks of celery, thinly sliced and ends removed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 blocks of medium egg noodles
- 1 tbsp brown miso
- If using dried soy beans then boil them for 1 hour in plenty of water and then boil them for a further 2 hours. If using fresh beans then boil for just 5 minutes. Leave them boiling in the pan (or start boiling them in the pan if using fresh beans) while you prepare the next steps of the recipe.
- Place the oil, leeks, onion, celery, coriander seeds and stock cube into a small pan and put on a gentle heat.
- Sweet all these ingredients together for 5 minutes with the lid on. Stir and leave for another 5 minutes, or until the onion and leeks are nice and soft.
- When the leeks are cooking for the last 5 minutes add the egg noodles to the soy beans which should still be boiling away.
- After 5 minutes strain the beans and noodles and then add the miso and onion mixture to the noodles.
- Stir well and serve immediately while still hot.
- Ideal with fresh black pepper ground on top.