- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 10g (one lump) of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 aubergine, cut into cubes
- 2 courgettes, cut in 1 cm slices
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Put the onion, oil, all the spices and ginger into a frying pan and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the courgettes, aubergine and carrots and make sure they get coated nicely with the spices and onion.
- Fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of sticky rice.