- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ciabatta
- 75g soft goat's cheese
- 50g rocket leaves, washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the onion, vinegar, sugar and olive oil in a pan with a lid on and cook on a medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, cut the ciabatta in half on a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ciabatta and spread the now soft onions over one half.
- Spread the goat's cheese over the other half.
- Pile the rocket leaves on top of the ciabatta and press the two halves together.
- Finally cut it in half with a sharp knife and serve.
Serves two for lunch or one very hungry person for dinner.