- 100g plain flour
- 75ml water
- black pepper to taste
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 175g not quite ripe brie, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 75g rocket and spinach leaves, washed
- Mix the flour and water into a batter in a bowl.
- Mix pepper into the breadcrumbs and spread them out on a plate.
- Next take the cubes of brie one at a time and coat it in the batter, then roll in the breadcrumbs and then place on a clean plate.
- Once you've done this to all the brie heat up the sunflower oil in a frying pan on a medium to high heat.
- Place all the brie pieces in the frying pan once it's got up to temperature.
- Fry the brie and turn it when each side is crisp.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of jam on the side and with the salad leaves.
Serves 3 to 4.