- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- 150g raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl until they are well mixed (this is called creaming).
- Add the eggs, vanilla and buttermilk to the butter and stir well.
- Then mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Don't mix too much, just enough to get it all blended.
- Finally add the raspberries and stir enough to get them evenly distributed.
- Pour into a muffin tin lined with muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.