- 1 egg
- 100g self raising flour
- 75ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- enough sunflower oil to fill a pan to 2 cm depth
- 2 courgettes, washed and cut into thin strips 3 or 4 cm long
- 3 salad chilli peppers (or sweet peppers if you don't like hot peppers), washed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 8 runner beans, ends removed and knife run down the edges to remove stringy fibers, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 blocks of medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 salad onion, chopped into slices and quartered
- Put on a pan of water for the noodles.
- Mix the egg, flour, water and salt and pepper in a bowl until you get a thick batter.
- Start to heat up the oil in a pan. Make sure it doesn't get too hot as then you'll have a bad fire (which you shouldn't use water to put out) but make sure it's hot enough so a bit of the batter dropped in sizzles and crisps up quickly.
- Put the noodles in the boiling water in the noodle pan and boil for 4 minutes.
- Coat the courgette, chilli and beans in the batter.
- Place the batter coated vegetables carefully and one at a time in to the oil.
- After the outside has crisped up nicely remove the vegetable and place on some kitchen towel to drain.
- Repeat until all the vegetables are fried.
- Once the noodles are done (which will probably be while you're still frying vegetables unless you use a very large pan) strain them and stir in the sesame oil and soy sauce. Then place them in a pan with the lid on until you want to serve.
- Once you've done all the vegetables, put the noodles onto the plates, distribute the vegetables between them and garnish with the salad onion.