I'm probably going to get some stick for this recipe, but I don't care. It's the credit-crunch/recession/whatever so it's a nice cheap and filling meal. I also feel that, regardless of price and perceived quality of ingredients, it's very important to be able to cook with the ingredients to hand. I also feel you can't really appreciate food and good cooking if you're snobbish about the food that you eat and only go for caviar.
- 3 slices of bread, cut into triangles
- 1 tin of baked beans, opened
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the bread in the bottom of a buttered oven proof dish.
- In the bean tin mix in the black pepper, sage and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the bean mix over the bread.
- Place slices of cheese over the beans.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Serves 1 for dinner or 2 for lunch.