This is a lovely topping to almost any stir-fry. The crunchiness of it complements the texture of rice or noodles very well.
- 75g plain peanuts (not dry roasted)
- 75g sunflower seeds (sesame seeds work just as well)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil (sesame oil is best, but sunflower is fine)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until everything is nicely coated.
- Spread out on a baking tray and place under a medium-hot grill.
- Check on them every couple of minutes and stir them around to ensure they get cooked evenly.
- It's very easy to burn or set alight to this mixture, as soon as they are nicely toasted remove them.
- Place in a bowl and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve as a garnish to a stir-fry.