It's just coming to the end of the rhubarb season so I thought I'd take the chance to write a rhubarb crumble recipe.
- 5 or 6 sticks of rhubarb stalks, washed and cut into lengths
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp water
- 75g butter
- 100g flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g oats
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the rhubarb in the bottom of an oven proof dish and sprinkle over the 100g of sugar, lemon juice and water.
- In a separate bowl rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs and there are no large lumps of butter. I cheat and melt the butter for 30 seconds in the microwave before hand.
- Add the sugar and oats to the flour and butter mix and stir well.
- Sprinkle the oat and flour mix over the top of the rhubarb and press down gently.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned.
- Serve with lashings of custard.
Serves 3 to 4.