- 600g green lentils
- 1200ml water
- 1 packet of short crust pastry
- 1 tin of tinned tomatoes
- 300g goat's cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the green lentils in a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil.
- When boiling reduce it to a simmer and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, until tender.
- While the lentils are simmering, roll out the short crust pastry and line a pie dish with it, including the sides.
- Pour the tinned tomatoes into the bottom of the pie dish, on top of the pastry. Make sure they are evenly spread out.
- Once the lentils are done and have absorbed all the water pour them over the tomatoes in the pie. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the slices of goat's cheese on top of the lentils.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a leafy salad.