- 1 onion, sliced and then slices quartered
- 5 or 6 new potatoes, washed and sliced
- 3 or 4 small carrots, washed and sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 50g bacon-style pieces
- 125g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Get an ovenproof dish and layer the potatoes, carrots and onion in it.
- In a cup mix the soy sauce, sugar and water together and then pour it over the potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Sprinkle the bacon-style piece over the top and then cover those with the grated cheddar.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes to crisp up the top.