- 4 carrots, washed and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 3 courgettes, washed and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 100g mushrooms, washed and cut into quarters
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pints milk
- 8 large sheets of lasagne pasta (make sure it's the type you don't need to pre-cook)
- 100g grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Toss the carrots, courgettes and mushrooms in 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place in a roasting tin and put in the oven to roast for 40 minutes.
- While those are roasting put the onion in a saucepan and fry on a medium heat in 1 tbsp of olive oil until soft.
- When the onion is soft add the tomatoes and simmer for at least 10 minutes. If it starts to get too dry add a bit of water, red wine or stock, depending on what you have to hand.
- While the tomato simmers and the vegetables roast, put the milk, flour and the last tbsp of olive oil in another sauce pan and slowly heat it to a simmer. Stir frequently until it starts to thicken.
- Hopefully the white sauce, red sauce and roasted vegetables will be ready at about the same time. If not, relax and turn the heat down on the saucepans.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven.
- Turn the oven down to 200 degrees.
- Put half the tomato mix in the bottom of a lasagne dish, then half the vegetables and then a third of the white sauce.
- Next put a layer of half of the lasagne sheets.
- Repeat with the rest of the tomato sauce, rest of the vegetables and another third of the white sauce.
- Finally cover it with the last lasagne sheets and the rest of the white sauce over the sheets. Make sure to cover all the sheets with sauce so they don't dry out too much.
- Cover the whole thing with the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.