- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5 medium sized potatoes, washed and cubed into 2cm cubes
- 5 medium sized carrots, washed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 450ml vegetable stock (or water with powdered stock)
- 8 dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 16 almonds, finely chopped
- Fry the onions in a large saucepan in the oil until they are soft.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and stock.
- Stir well and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the apricots, stir well and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the almonds on the top and wait another 5 minutes for it to simmer.
- Serve on a bed of freshly made cous-cous.