As it's pancake day next Tuesday, I thought a pancake recipe was a good idea.
- 100g flour
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 25g butter
- lemon juice
- caster sugar
- Mix the flour and egg with half of the milk until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add a small amount of the butter to the pan and move it around so the pan is coated in melted butter.
- Ladle in a spoon of batter and tilt the pan to make sure it goes all around the pan.
- Leave to cook for a minute and then run a knife around the edge to make flipping it easier.
- Flip the pancake with a quick wrist action or by using a fish slice.
- Cook for another minute.
- Place on a plate and repeat these steps until all the batter is used up.
- To serve sprinkle sugar and lemon juice over the pancake and then roll up.
Makes 8 to 12 pancakes.