- 1 piece of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3 potatoes, washed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 4 carrots, washed and cut into 2 cm lengths
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Marmite (yes, Marmite!)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 8 almonds, finely chopped
- Boil the broccoli, potatoes and carrots in water for 10 minutes.
- Fry up the onion in the ghee/butter with the cumin, marmite, cayenne pepper, fenugreek and turmeric.
- Once the onion has started to soften add about 250ml of water and the cooked broccoli, potatoes and carrots.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Serve with Basmati rice.