- 5 small to medium sized potatoes, washed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced into 3mm slices
- 150g frozen green beans (or fresh if you're lucky enough for it to be the season for them)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Place the potatoes in a pan and fill with just enough water to cover the tops of them.
- Heat on a high heat until the water starts to simmer.
- Reduce the heat so that the pan is just simmering and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, vegetable stock and the beans when the 10 minutes is up.
- Leave for a further 10 minutes, stirring well after 5 minutes.
- If some of the potatoes haven't started to fall apart then leave it to simmer for a bit longer. You want some of the potatoes to still have their shape, but for others to have made a thick sauce around the beans and potatoes.
- Serve immediately as otherwise too many more potatoes will lose their shape.