- 850g potatoes, washed
- 750g carrots, washed
- 100g feta cheese, finely chopped (5mm pieces)
- 50g butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put on a pan of water to boil for the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for six to seven minutes.
- Cool the potatoes in cold water after they're done.
- Use the remaining heat in the (empty!) potato pan to melt the butter.
- Grate the carrots into a big bowl.
- Grate the now cool potatoes into the same bowl.
- Add the cheese and melted butter and mix well.
- Press mixture into a large roasting dish. Make sure you press it down well so it sticks together.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes after you take it out of the oven.
Serves 2 to 3.