- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 tsp paprika (I use smoked paprika, but normal paprika works as well)
- 300g mixed nuts, finely chopped
- 200g porridge oats
- 650ml vegetable stock (or hot water with stock powder dissolved in it)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the onion and leek in the oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan.
- When the onion has started to soften, add the paprika and mixed nuts. Stir well.
- Add the oats and make sure everything is well mixed again.
- Pour in the water and once again stir well.
- Keep stirring the mixture to ensure it doesn't stick on the bottom until it starts to thicken up. This should take about five minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof bowl and press down.
- At this point you can leave it to cool and store it overnight in the fridge.
- When it comes to cook it you can either keep it in the bowl, or if you've left it to cool then you can turn it out onto a baking tray.
- Either way, bake for 40 minutes in the oven and serve with roast potatoes and gravy.
Serves 6 to 8.