- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pealed and chopped
- 6 small carrots, washed and sliced into 2 cm pieces
- 2 courgettes, washed and sliced into 2 cm pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 250g firm tofu, chopped in 2 cm pieces
- Fry the onions and garlic in a large pan (a wok or tagine is best) until soft.
- Add the carrots, courgettes and all the spices and harissa paste.
- Add 250ml of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Carefully stir in the tofu pieces and then simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat with the lid on.
- Serve with freshly made cous-cous.
Serves 2 to 3.