- 1 butternut squash, cut in half with seeds removed
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 150g creme fraiche
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 250g pasta
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Place the butternut squash cut side down on a greased baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and put it to one side to cool.
- Put on a big pan of water to heat for the pasta.
- While it's cooling, fry the onion in the oil over a medium heat until it's soft.
- Once the onion is soft, add the creme fraiche, sage and nutmeg to it and stir well.
- Start cooking the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking scoop the insides of the squash out and add it to the pan with the onions and creme fraiche. You want to leave the skin from the very outside of the squash out.
- Once you've added all the butternut squash to the pan, mix and mash it around with the end of a spoon until it's not in big bits.
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes while the pasta continues to cook.
- Serve with the sauce spooned on top of the pasta.