- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml creme fraiche
- 150ml water
- Fry the onion and celery in the oil over a medium heat until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the leeks, nutmeg and some black pepper and stir well to make sure everything is coated.
- Turn the heat down a little to medium-low and place a lid on the pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times to check it's not sticking.
- Add the creme fraiche and water to the pan and mix well.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, again stirring 2 or 3 times to check it's not sticking.
- Serve with crusty bread or potato wedges.