- 6 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 parsnips, washed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 dried or fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 150ml creme fraiche
- 150ml water
- Put the potato, parsnip, garlic, chilli and oil in a large saucepan and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes with a lid on, stirring frequently.
- Add the paprika, curry powder and fenugreek and stir well so it's all nicely coated.
- Turn the heat down to a low heat and cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the creme fraiche and water and stir well so it's nicely mixed in.
- Leave on the low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with onion bhajis, naan bread or rice.